Starting in February 2024, I will be hosting a 44 week interactive series of workshops & webinars in which we will explore the path towards living a Regenerative Life.
How will this work and what is the content?
Some Content of the Course:
- GROWING NUTRIENT DENSE FOOD
- CREATING AN HOLISTIC LIFE OF GRATITUDE & HEALTH
- HOW TO GROW PEST & DISEASE RESILIENT PLANTS
- REGENERATING & BUILDING SOIL
- HOW TO MITIGATE AGAINST CLIMATE SWINGS
- UNDERSTANDING THE CYCLES OF SELF-SUFFICIENCY
- HOW TO PREPARE: STEPS TOWARDS CREATING ABUNDANCE
- DEVELOPING THE MIDSET OF RESILIENCE & ADAPTATION
- CO-CREATING COMMUNITY THROUGH YOUR PASSION
How Will it Work?
We will dive deeply into the content each month in the webinars with Q&A , then 2 weeks later we will have an interactive workshop 1-2 hours, where we will explore the content in more depth with actions.
As we progress through the months, we will build and iterate upon the previous webinar/workshops content and actions and start to connect how these topics are related, intertwined and have similar cycles and patterns to build an holistic understanding.
It is observing these cycles and patterns which have allowed me to create a blueprint for these workshops and have enabled me to learn many different disciplines. You can also do the same! Once you understand how these cycles and patterns are created and changed, you can become more connected and live more regeneratively.
Each workshop will have practical exercises contained within it, so you actually start taking actions to imbue the lessons into your daily life.
The course will be based on permaculture principles and the following universal aspects which can be applied both practically to our environment and circumstances and also within our inner world, to our understanding and comprehension of life. This is what will make this course different and unique from others.
WHERE SCIENCE & SPIRITUALITY CONVERGE
These are a guideline of principles and methodologies that can be applied and will really support the learning and application of the practical actions and will help when you have to make the transition to living a more regenerative life. They are not compulsory and you can take and leave whatever you wish. All I am inviting you to do is consider them as tools to help you.
The holistic approach is essential to a Regenerative life. Without this holistic perspective then we are prone to lose sight of the purpose of life. What is the purpose of life? It is connection: Connection to ourselves, our loved ones, nature and the universe. Who are the happiest and most fulfilled people on Earth? They are the ones who are living their purpose, who are deeply connected to nature, are balanced in mind, body and spirit and understand that they are connected to everything else in the universe.
You may have experienced that when you are anxious, nervous or worried this can have cascading affect on other areas of life. You may get emotional, or have some physical manifestation and view a particular situation or person in a different way, than if the anxiety wasn’t there.
Emotions have a huge affect on our wellbeing, but this is not just limited to humans, this also holds true for plants and even water (which many people think is an inanimate object) and yet water is actually alive.
The work of Professor Emoto and more recently Veda Austin have proved the water can actually change based on energy or intention from human beings and other environmental influences. Plants also are extremely sensitive to vibrations and frequencies and they absorb these energies. At what level this occurs is still to be discovered. However, what this shows is that Emotions, just like our mental projections are having an effect upon our environment.
The Buddhist principle of Esho Funi, meaning the Oneness of the Self and the Environment or Shikishin Funi meaning the Oneness of Body and Mind are testament to the interconnectedness of all living and non living entities in the universe.
Although rocks are considered to be inanimate, they were fundamental in creating all the soil on our planet. It was lichens that over geological time slowly eroded rock and turned it into soil.
There is a type of fungi called the Dark Septate Endophyte which is actually able to harness background radiation from space. It acts as a battery to charge the soil and unlike any other known endophyte (meaning within the plant) it can survive without living roots.
All of what I am describing can be supported by science. However, science is a practice which has been created from the logical, linear and reductionist thinking. The discoveries and revelations mentioned above were founded upon detaching from that part of the mind and coming more into line with our instinct, intuition, heart space or our connection to and with nature.
There are a number of aspects to this concept and I will draw upon my own experience, learnings from my teachers and my own research and study.
- Physical and practical application of the knowledge contained within these workshops. How we use our bodies and care for them in an holistic way connecting them to the natural world and seeing the mutual benefits of the biological and chemical between healthy plants and healthy bodies
- Psychological or the mental aspect of preparing and adapting. How to build a strong and flowing mindset that synergizes with the cycles of nature that supports our values and beliefs and allows us to develop an enthusiastic and determined perspective.
- Emotional aspect of letting go of the old habits and behaviours that prevent you from following the path towards regeneration and creating new healthy ones that are aligned with our authentic selves
- Spiritual aspect of connecting to nature, god, the divine or the cosmos and trusting our inner life. Listening to our intuition and releasing feelings of unworthiness or inadequacies.
- Social aspect where we will explore how you can share your passion and gift with your chosen community, and base our lives on contributing to the whole while simultaneously strengthening our desire towards fulfilment and contribution.
These Regenerative principles within this course can be applied at any scale, in any situation and in any climate. It is the healthiest, most abundant and permanent pathway towards creating balance and harmony in our food systems, economies and culture. It allows us to connect to our roots and prepare for the future with confidence and adaptability.